Sunday, December 30, 2012

Favorite Things...December!


I thought I would jump on the bandwagon of showcasing my Favorite Things starting with the month of December.  I love the cold weather and around here (in my opinion) the cold doesn't stay around long enough.  With that being said I enjoy wearing sweaters and pea coats when the weather turns from 90 one day to 50 the next in no time flat!  Oh, yes it's true stick around the weather is bound to change.  Anyway, here are my favorite items for the month of December!




An awesome lipbalm such as the EOS lipbalm in Mint flavor is an essential must have for me.  I have several of these lipbalms around my house.  I am a lipbalm addict have been since childhood (I've had my fare share of flavorful Bonnie Bell Lip Smackers) being addicted to lipbalm has it's reasons.  I like having conditioned lips, I don't want chapped, peeling lips EVER especially during the winter.  So that makes EOS my number one December fave!



Second on the list of my December Favorites is the Carmex Concentrated Therapy Ointment.  I found this at CVS (I love shopping and couponing at CVS).  This what I call Carmex in the BIG Jar is amazing!  Before I go to bed at night, I slap the Carmex Healing Ointment on my feet and then put on a pair of comfy socks.  In the morning when I wake up my feet are so soft.  This ointment is especially good to use during the cold winter months.




Third on the list of my December Favorites is the Bath & Body Works Country Apple Body Cream.  Now, I am a big fan of B&BW (I will dedicated a whole post to items from B&BW in the future).  What I like about this body cream is that it is really thick similar to body butter.  I love the Country Apple Scent, it's not to strong / overpowering and conditions my hands making them soft. Another Bath & Body Works product that made my list is the body splash in the scent Country Apple. The body spray scent is not over powering.  I spray my winter scarves and pea coat with this stuff.  I am definitely going to purchase more when the 3 for 3 sale runs again!




Fourth on the list of my December Favorites is the Body Shop's Shea Butter body butter.  I absolutely love the Body Shop body butters.  I began buying my body butters exclusively from the Body Shop simply because I loved them right from the start!  The body butters are full of wonderful scents and are extremely creamy and hydrating for my skin.  One of my favorite scents is the Shea Butter scent during the colder months and the Coconut scent in the warmer months.





Fifth on the list of my December Favorites is the Jergens All Purpose Face Cream.  Now, what you see pictured here is a totally different package than what the cream is normally sold in but the label is legit from the original jar.  I accidently dropped the original package jar and it cracked.  At night after I wash my face and complete my night time facial cleaning routine I apply the Jergens Face Cream all over my face and neck.  During the cold months I apply the Jergens cream to act as an extra layer of moisturizer on my face and the next morning when I wake up my face is soft and hydrated.





Sixth on the list of my December Favorites is from a company called LUSH.  I am sure many of you have heard of LUSH bath products.  I have been using LUSH bath items for over a year now and I love them dearly (LUSH haul / post in the future for sure!).  One of my favorite facial care items from LUSH is the Mask of Magnaminty.  I like using this face mask during the cold months because the product helps to remove the dry skin as well as deep cleaning and toning of my face. It has a nice pepperminty smell and is not created with harsh chemicals.  Another one of my favorite items from LUSH is the Comforter Bubble Bar.  The Comforter was the very first bubble bars I had ever purchased and instantly became my all time fave.  I am stocked up on Comforters for months to come!  I love the sweet fruity scent that is revealed as you crush up the bar and mix with running bath water.  I like to pair the Comforter Bubble Bar with the Snow Fairy Shower Gel (also from LUSH).  Again, a sweet fruity scent that lingers as you open the bottle.  Pairing the two bath items together makes for a nice bubble bath!




Seventh on the list of my December Favorites is the Germ-X Hand sanitizer.  Lets face it it's cold & flu season and this girl is not getting sick!  I carry travel sized bottles of this stuff in just about every coat pocket, tote bag and in my glove compartment box of my car.  If I stop at the stores and I have been pushing carts, I use germ-x.  After the drive up bank transactions, I use germ-x.  And even when I pump gas at the station, I use germ-x.  Call me OCD but I am not getting sick!




Eighth on the list of my December Favorites is NAIL POLISH!  I love, love, love nail polish.  Every color in the world from shiny to mattes, to sparkles and magnetics.  I love nail polish!  I love it so much that I have a couple of nail polish racks hung up on the wall showcasing my love of colorful polishes (post on that in the future).  But for December I collectively have what I call my holiday editions.  The colors are basic holiday red and green but I also have the collection of glitter and golds to boot.  I've been switching my nail color about every three days or so.  My holiday editions are great to wear all month long and as the New Year approaches I will be wearing a lot more of the glitter sparkly polishes.



Ninth on the list of my December Favorites the Bath & Body Works holiday traditions candle Peppermint Mocha.  OMG this candle is wickedly good!  I love the scent so much that I bought two of these.  To me the Peppermint Mocha is the perfect holiday candle to burn.  To give you a sense of what it smells like imaging drinking a cup of hot cocoa (or perhaps you already are).  That is exactly what this candle smells like!



And speaking of cocoa number tenth on my list of December Favorites is the Nestle Hot Cocoa Mix in Chocolate Caramel.  This is the second year in a row I have purchased several boxes from my local grocery store.  I love this hot cocoa mix so much that sometimes I make a double batch!




Eleventh on the list of my December Favorites is my deep red Corduroy tote bag from Banana Republic.  I purchased this tote bag a number of years ago.  I am a sucker for totes and this one caught my eye immediately!  I love the deep red and the durability of the fabric.  The tote is very roomy and features one zippered pocket on the inside.  The sturdy leather straps really make the tote stand up to the usage.  I can put a lot of items in this tote bag which gives it good reason for making it on my list of December Favorites.



The twelfth item on my list of December Favorites is the traditional Candy Cane. I feel that Candy Canes are representative of the holiday spirit...I mean they only make an appearance around this time of year.  I like candy canes not only for eating but also use them for decorating my holiday packages.  They also make great stocking stuffers or accompanying a holiday card.




The final item on my list of December Favorites is my new Canon Powershot Elph 320hs digital camera. I am totally in love with this point and shoot camera.  I was needing a new digital camera my old one was not performing up to par and shutter speed was extremely s-l-o-w.  I was wanting a new digital  that would go above and beyond performance capabilities.  I have found that with the Canon.  I like the Wi-Fi function (oh, yes I said Wi-Fi) being able to immediately send photos to email or social networking sites is pretty freaking amazing!  Picture taking is clear and easy with the auto detect feature that senses whether or not you need a flash.  I love everything about this Canon Elph 320hs.

So there you have it my list of December Favorites.
I hope you enjoyed your holiday season! Ebby





No comments:

Post a Comment